A new report by Allied Market Research, titled, “Global mHealth Market (Device, Service, Application, Stakeholders and Geography) – Size, Industry Analysis, Trends, Opportunities, Growth and Forecast, 2014-2020″, stated that the global mHealth market was valued at $10.5 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 33.5% during 2015-2020. Blood pressure monitors hold the largest share in the global mHealth device market followed by blood glucose monitors and cardiac monitors. Geographically, North America will continue to retain its leading position in the overall mHealth market throughout the analysis period.
To request more information about the report, visit the website at https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/mhealth-2015-market
Mobile health provides health service and information through mobile communication devices to address the health priorities and concerns. The advanced mobile and wireless technologies have transformed the face of healthcare services across the globe and are rendering the growth of mHealth market. Moreover, the continued growth in coverage of mobile cellular networks, rapid advances in mobile technologies & applications, increasing lifestyle diseases and growing awareness among patient population in emerging economies, are some of the key factors fostering the growth of global mHealth market. On contrary, the lower accuracy of devices, technology infancy in middle and lower income economies, weak reimbursement coverage, uncertainty in government regulations in certain regions, and low adoption among ageing population is hampering the market growth to certain extent.
The major chunk of mHealth devices market – i.e. ~71% – is collectively commanded by BP monitors, blood glucose monitors and cardiac monitors. The large share of these monitors can be attributed to increased affordability of mobile compatible devices, integration of innovative technologies in monitoring devices and the increasing lifestyle disease such as diabetes, stroke, COPD, ischemic heart to name a few. Within mHealth services, diagnostic, monitoring and treatment services collectively hold about 74% of the market. The rapid growth of mHealth services market is attributed to rising government initiatives, increasing mHealth awareness programs in underdeveloped regions etc.
Key finding of the study
- Blood glucose meters is projected to be the fastest growing segment in global mHealth devices market registering a CAGR of 41% during the forecast period
- United States continues to be the leading market in the North America mHealth market throughout the forecast period
- Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing mHealth market registering a CAGR of 35.9% during 2015-2020
- United Kingdome, France and Germany collectively accounts to 45% share in the Europe mHealth device market in 2014
- Cardiovascular and diabetes mHelath application market remains the lucrative market segment for manufacturers
- Geographically, North America and Europe constitute the two largest markets for mHealth and collectively accounted for 67% of the market revenue in 2014. They are expected to continue its hold on the global market throughout the forecast period. Early adoption of innovative technology, large patient population and high capacity to pay for services are some of the key factors responsible for the growth of mHealth market in these regions. However, the market outlook across developing economies is looking favorable and strong owing to the increasing awareness of chronic diseases, favorable government regulations and increased healthcare expenditure. Philips healthcare, Bayer Healthcare and Sanofi are some of the key companies enjoying a strong foothold in global mHealth market, especially in Asian countries. Key players profiled in this report include – Philips healthcare, Omron HealthCare Inc., Bayer Healthcare, LifeWatch, Cardionet Inc., Masimo Corporation, Sanofi, Boston Scientific, AT&T Inc., and Johnson & Johnson.